The School's most recent full inspection took place in January 2022, when the school was graded as Requires Improvement. The report can be downloaded below, as well as from the Ofsted website, where previous inspection reports can also be found.
Ofsted and HMI inspection teams will always take the views of parents into consideration and it is extremely helpful if as many parents as possible complete the Ofsted Parent View questionnaire. As a school, we too can view responses and it is always very helpful to get feedback which ensures we can improve. Thank you.
In July 2022, Kaleidoscope underwent an Ofsted MAT Summary Evaluation visit. This was a rigorous process undertaken by senior HMIs. It involved meetings with Executive Leaders, Headteachers, senior leaders, teachers, support staff, children, Members, Trustees and Governors.
We are delighted with the outcomes and the report that followed which is available for you to read below. All of the next steps identified align with our own evaluation and development plans. We feel that the report demonstrates the hard work of our staff and shows that our vision and values are evident across the Trust.
We have selected a few of the comments from the report:
- The trust’s vision, shared by all of the schools, is one that fosters collaboration while valuing the distinctiveness of each
- The trust ensures that school improvement work and the development of policies are ‘done with’ academy leaders rather than ‘done to’.
- Staff have many opportunities to develop professionally.
- Early career teachers are very positive about the support they receive working for the trust.
- The trust has strong systems which enable leaders to identify issues and put in place the most appropriate support.
- The trust invests in its staff to ensure strong retention and recruitment. Staff have many opportunities to develop professionally.
- Monitoring processes are robust and ensure that strengths are disseminated and weaknesses are acted upon.
- The trust prioritises the physical and emotional safeguarding of pupils across each school.The trust is vigilant about safeguarding.
- Across the trust, all staff complete appropriate safeguarding training and are tenacious in making sure that pupils are safe.