Homework set will be recorded in the homework books provided. Unless indicated otherwise, all homework should be completed within the homework books. Homework is usually set on a Wednesday and is due in the following Monday. Any reminding / support that can be provided to ensure homework is completed on time is very much appreciated.
Typically homework will include:
- A set Mathematics task focusing on various mathematical skills
- An English task focusing on grammar, punctuation and spellings
Generally, homework seeks to consolidate skills learnt in class although some may be set to help with future learning. Homework tasks are always explained in class. As appropriate homework is reviewed, marked, or used as part of class work to aid learning and understanding.
In addition to set homework it is important for daily practice to be completed on:
- Times Tables: TT Rock Stars is available to login regularly, ideally 10 mins daily, to build fluency with multiplication and division facts.
- Spellings: At the beginning of every week, a new spelling rule will be introduced to the class. Associated words will be uploaded to Spelling Shed each week to practise as homework.
- Reading: It is important for daily reading at home to be completed.