All schools are required to have a home-school agreement in order to create an inclusive culture of learning where all children will be challenged in their thinking, to achieve to the best of their abilities and strive to become lifelong learners.
Parents, the school and the children themselves are all working hard to empower our pupils to become respected citizens, to enable them to make valuable contributions locally, globally and to contribute to our world’s sustainable future.
This can be done most effectively when all staff, parents and children understand their responsibilities and work together towards the same goals, as detailed in our home-school agreement.
We hope you will be able to find the time to share the agreement with your child, sign it and return it to the school office where we will store it with your child’s records.
Home-School Agreement 2018 – 2019
Our Home-School Agreement has been created in collaboration children, teachers, parents and governors. It is essential that we can all work together to ensure that we give our children the best possible start in life.
The School will:
- Encourage children to do their best at all times by providing a balanced curriculum and meeting the needs of all children.
- Encourage children to take care of their surroundings and others around them, by building good relationships both within and outside the school.
- Care for your children’s safety and happiness and act in accordance with our Child Protection policy.
- Arrange Parents’ Consultations to discuss progress.
- Let parents know if the school has any concerns about their child’s behaviour and work.
- Keep Parents informed about school activities through letters home, newsletters, notices about special events via ParentPay and the school website.
As a parent I will:
- Make sure my child arrives on time for School.
- Make sure my child attends School each day or inform the School if my child is absent for any reason.
- Attend Parent consultations to discuss my child’s progress.
- Support and reinforce the School’s policy and guidelines for behaviour.
- Support my child in their learning both in school and at home.
- Ensure my child is properly equipped for all PE and Games lessons.
- Let the School know about any concerns or problems that might affect my child’s work or behaviour.
- Get to know about my child’s life at School.
- Ensure payments for school dinners and trips are paid on time.
As a pupil I will:
- Attend School each day and arrive on time.
- Do all my class work as well as I can.
- Be tidy in appearance.
- Be polite and kind to others.
- Take good care of school equipment and the school building.